Here is a CCSS Parent Opt Out form for parents to use in expressing requests to their child’s school regarding the Common Core State Standards. The information on the second page of the form tells what you may reasonably expect if you use the form. You can download this form to use and share by clicking here or on either of the two pages below. There are many other opt out forms available online as well as a wealth of information for parents considering opting out. You may want to visit the Opt Out Info page for more information and links to other opt out related web pages as well as forms and sample letters.
Posts are now being made to another website called The Underground Parent. The two most recent posts that you may be interested in are:
The time is coming when this site will basically be dormant. If you wish to keep up with the content, shift over to The Underground Parent.
Here is what was posted on Feb. 24 on this site.
The Underground Parent (TUP) is a new website that just went public on Tuesday. All content from the Stop Common Core in Washington State (SCCWS) has been ported over and merged with the content from an older site of the same name (TUP). The education reform issues being addressed are broader than the Common Core. That does not mean the Common Core and efforts to stop it are no longer important—they are as important as ever and will continue to be addressed. Items have been cross posted to both sites. For a while, a note will be sent out on SCCWS when an article is posted to TUP but not SCCWS. Eventually, posts will only be made to TUP while the SCCWS will be dormant but accessible.
If you have followed SCCWS by email, you are encouraged to sign up to follow The Underground Parent by clicking on the Follow The Underground Parent button in the narrow right column of the home page.
- Future Ready Schools: How Silicon Valley and the Defense Department Plan to Remake Public Education: A talk by Alison McDowell
- Explore Homeschooling Options Info Session
- Why Privacy Matters
- The New Transgender Dear Colleague Letter and Power of the States
- The Underground Parent
- The Endgame of Corporate Reform, Part 3: Online Learning, Social, Emotional Learning and the Department of Defense
- The endgame of corporate reform in public school education, Part 2: Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and the Federal Government
- The endgame of corporate reform in public school education: Part 1, What do Betsy DeVos and Seattle Public School’s IT Lead John Krull have in common?
- WA State House Bill 1518: “The Summer Step-Up Act” re: Social Emotional Learning: Why are we experimenting on low income four-year old’s?